If camping isn't your thing, Spook Cave & Campground also has cabins to rent. In 2022 we are introducing our first year-round rental - Bluff View Cabin. Sleeping up to 16 guests, this is our largest cabin with the most amenities. Our nine seasonal cabins are available for rental from May through October. All have electricity, heating, and air conditioning. See each cabin for a full list of amenities.
NEW! Bluff View Cabin
YEAR-ROUND Rental Cabin
Bluff View cabin is our first cabin to be available year-round! Enjoy your mornings on the beautiful porch as you sip coffee and watch the sun come up over the trout stream. This cabin has an at-home feel for any family get together or weekend away with friends. Relax in the privacy of your own backyard while roasting marshmallows.
Please call 563-543-4114 to reserve this cabin!
- All Sites are ONE Unit (camper or tent) per Site.
- Four guests included in price per campsite. Over 4 guests there will be an additional fee of $3/guest/night.
- No smoking allowed in cabins (violators will be charged $250)
- Area Rugs: Rugs are NO LONGER allowed. Thank you for understanding and keeping our sites looking beautiful!
- Do not move fire rings or have fires in areas not specified for fires
- Speed limit in campground is 5 MPH
- Please display your campground registration pass or vehicle registration pass to avoid inconvenience on your part.
- All EVs require pre-approval via phone or email.
- EVs allowed only at sites 91-97 and 99.
- EVs at allowed sites will require an additional $15 per night added to reservation (regardless of electric use).
- EVs not allowed anywhere else in campground (may park in guest parking only).
- Failure to follow EV policy may result in guest being removed from campground without refund.
- Fees include swimming and fishing. No fishing license necessary for lake.
- Fishing in Bloody Run Trout Stream requires an Iowa fishing license and trout stamp. (Iowa State Stocked stream)
- All guests of campers must pay for swimming/fishing
- Quiet time from 10:00 PM - 8:00 AM along with normal consideration for others.
- 10:00 PM all visitors must depart.
- Campground check-in time 1:00 PM. Camp check-out time 1:00 PM. if you wish to stay late or arrive early, please check with management.
- Cabin check-in time 3:30 PM. Cabin check-out time 11:00 AM.
Pet Policy for Cabins
- Dogs are allowed in Lake View 1 and Woodland 1. The fee is $50/day per a dog with a $150/Max per dog. Limit 2 dogs per cabin.
- No pets allowed in cabins except as designated and with prior permission (violators will be charged $250).
Other Pet Policies
- Pets must always be supervised and never left alone -- even if tied.
- Pets are not allowed in the swimming area or the beach area
2023 Cabin Rates
Rates are per night
These rates may be different if you are making reservations for 2024
- Golf Cart Rental: $60/day (must rent both days on weekends)
- Includes lake use fee (swimming, fishing, paddling)
- 2 night minimum on Friday or Saturday night
- 3 night minimum on holiday weekends
- Holiday Rate: additional $20 per night
- Check in 3:30 PM/Check out 11:00 AM
- No smoking allowed in cabins (Violators will be charged $250)
- Dogs are allowed in Lake View 1 and Woodland 1. The fee is $50/day with a $150/Max
- No pets in cabins except as indicated (Violators will be charged $250)
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- All rates are subject to Federal and Local taxes. Holiday rates apply.
Reserve & Cancel
Cabin & Camping Reservation/Cancellation Guidelines
Guarantee your Campsite/Cabin
To guarantee your reservation for a campsite or cabin:
- Make your online reservations by going to: Reservations Page
- You'll receive a confirmation email once you complete your reservation.
- A deposit equal to your first night will be charged to your credit card at the time you make your reservation.
- 10 days for campsites and 14 days for cabins cancellation notice is required by calling Spook Cave and Campground office line at 563-539-4114 by 5 p.m.
- Text and email notifications of cancellations are NOT acceptable.
- For cancellations made 10/14 days or more before the reservation, your will receive your deposit refund minus a $10 cancellation fee. For cancellations over $100, there will be an additional fee of 10% of the deposit, in addition to the $10 fee.
- Cancellations made after the 10/14 day notice will result in forfeiture of your deposit and will be charged out for your stay if it falls on a holiday weekend.
- No Call No Show Reservations will be charged for entire stay.
- Reservations made within 10/14 days of your arrival require nonrefundable deposits.