Natural beauty surrounds you when camping at our campground. Choose a spacious full hook-up site near the trout stream and waterfall. Or perhaps a log cabin overlooking our fishing and swimming lake would be perfect for making family memories. Families with kids enjoy camping near the playground and volleyball court; across the stream are the shower facilities and all the action of the gift shop and Spook Cave. Other highlights include towering limestone bluffs, stunning fall foliage, hiking trails, an occasional train passing through, golf cart rentals, and propane fill station. Each site and cabin has its own picnic table and fire ring for evening relaxation. Throughout the park you can upload and share all those pictures with our fast fiber optic wireless internet. *** While we do our best to ensure quality WIFI and amenities, these are not guaranteed during your stay. Internet may be sporatice/nonexistent in the campground during busy times
***All Sites are One Unit (camper or tent) per Site***
- Fees include swimming and fishing. No fishing license necessary for lake. Bloody Run Trout Stream license and trout stamp required. (Iowa State Stocked)
- Quiet time from 10 p.m. – 8 a.m. along with normal consideration for others – 10 p.m. all visitors must depart
- Camp check-in time 1 p.m. — check-out time 1 p.m.; if you wish to stay late or arrive early, please check with management
- Cabin check-in time 3:30 p.m. — check-out time 11 a.m.
- No smoking or pets allowed in cabins (violators will be charged $250)
- All guests of campers must pay for swimming/fishing
- Pets must always be supervised and never left alone — even if tied; they are not allowed in the swimming area or the beach area
- Do not move fire rings or have fires in areas not specified for fires
- Speed limit in campground is 5 MPH
SPOOK CAVE & CAMPGROUND RESERVATION / CANCELLATION GUIDELINES- GUARANTEE YOUR CAMPSITE/CABIN To guarantee your campsite/cabin, a deposit equal to your first night will be charged to your credit card at the time you make your reservation. Make your online reservations anytime, day or night, by clicking Reserve Now at Spookcave.com. You’ll receive a confirmation email once you complete your reservation.
Need to Cancel? If you need to cancel your reservation, please call our office at 563-539-4114 before the deadline listed below to receive your deposit refund, minus a $10 cancellation fee. For cancellations over $200, there will be an additional fee of 5% of the deposit, in addition to the $10 fee. Text and email notifications of cancellations are not acceptable. No Call No Show Reservations will be charged for entire stay.
- Camp Sites and Cabins: 10 days cancellation notice is required by calling Spook Cave and Campground by 5 p.m. Cancellations made after the 10 day notice will result in forfeiture of your deposit.
- Reservations made within 10 days of your arrival require nonrefundable deposits.
Please display your campground registration pass or vehicle registration pass to avoid inconvenience on your part.