Nestled along side Bloody Run Trout Stream, natural beauty surrounds the campground at Spook Cave. There is a spot for all kinds of campers here whether you are looking to rough it in our spacious non hook up tent sites, want a value-priced water and electric site, or need our family-friendly, full hookup sites.
From our store to on-site activities, we have everything to make your stay memorable. Our campground is great for family getaways, family reunions or get-togethers with friends.
- Picnic table and fire ring at each campsite & cabin
- Restroom & Shower Facilities
- Wifi Internet: Please remember that our campground sits in a valley with a bluff surrounding us and the internet can be spotty at times. However we do our best to keep everything running effectively.
- Propane Fill Station
- Firewood for sale at Spook Cave Store
- Seasonal sites (call the office to request information)
What types of hookups do you have?
Full Hookup - includes water, sewer, and electricity
Electric & Water only
Can I plug my 30 amp cord to the 50 amp service?
Yes, the 50 amp sites have outlets for 50/30/110 and the 30 amp sites have outlets for 30/110.
Can I charge my electric vehicle at Spook Cave?
EVs are allowed only at certain sites. See our EV policy for complete details.
- All Sites are ONE Unit (camper or tent) per Site.
- Four guests included in price per campsite. Over 4 guests there will be an additional fee of $3/guest/night.
- No smoking allowed in cabins (violators will be charged $250)
- Area Rugs: We recommend you use rugs no larger than a doormat style. If you have a bigger one you would like to use it needs to be picked up each night if your site is in a grassy area. Thank you for understanding and keeping our sites looking beautiful!
- Do not move fire rings or have fires in areas not specified for fires
- Speed limit in campground is 5 MPH
- Please display your campground registration pass or vehicle registration pass to avoid inconvenience on your part.
- All EVs require pre-approval via phone or email.
- EVs allowed only at sites 91-96 and 99.
- EVs at allowed sites will require an additional $15 per night added to reservation (regardless of electric use).
- EVs not allowed anywhere else in campground (may park in guest parking only).
- Failure to follow EV policy may result in guest being removed from campground without refund.
- Fees include swimming and fishing. No fishing license necessary for lake.
- Fishing in Bloody Run Trout Stream requires an Iowa fishing license and trout stamp. (Iowa State Stocked stream)
- All guests of campers must pay for swimming/fishing
- Quiet time from 10:00 PM - 8:00 AM along with normal consideration for others.
- 10:00 PM all visitors must depart.
- Campground check-in time 1:00 PM. Camp check-out time 1:00 PM. if you wish to stay late or arrive early, please check with management.
- Cabin check-in time 3:30 PM. Cabin check-out time 11:00 AM.
Pet Policy for Cabins
- Dogs are allowed in Lake View 1 and Woodland 1. The fee is $25/day with a $150/Max.
- No pets allowed in cabins except as designated and with prior permission (violators will be charged $250).
Other Pet Policies
- Pets must always be supervised and never left alone -- even if tied.
- Pets are not allowed in the swimming area or the beach area
2022 Camping Rates
These rates may be different if you are making reservations for 2023
Electric & Water
Each additional person over 4 per site
Additional for Holiday Weekends per night (minimum 3 nights)
- Golf Cart Rental: $55/day (must rent both days on weekends)
- Includes lake use fee (swimming, fishing, paddling)
- Quiet time from 10PM to 8AM along with normal considerations
- Check in/out 1:00 PM
- Sunday Late check out is usually permitted at no additional charge (please check at office)
- Seasonal sites may be available. Check with the office for more information.
Cabin & Camping Reservation/Cancellation Guidelines
Guarantee your Campsite/Cabin
To guarantee your reservation for a campsite or cabin:
- Make your online reservations by going to: Reservations Page
- You'll receive a confirmation email once you complete your reservation.
- A deposit equal to your first night will be charged to your credit card at the time you make your reservation.
- 10 days cancellation notice is required by calling Spook Cave and Campground at 563-539-4114 by 5 p.m.
- Text and email notifications of cancellations are NOT acceptable.
- For cancellations made 10 days or more before the reservation, your will receive your deposit refund minus a $10 cancellation fee. For cancellations over $200, there will be an additional fee of 5% of the deposit, in addition to the $10 fee.
- Cancellations made after the 10 day notice will result in forfeiture of your deposit.
- No Call No Show Reservations will be charged for entire stay.
- Reservations made within 10 days of your arrival require nonrefundable deposits.