Please look through our rules and policies below to find answers to any questions you might have about your visit to Spook Cave & Campground. If you still have questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
- All Sites are ONE Unit (camper or tent) per Site.
- Four guests included in price per campsite. Over 4 guests there will be an additional fee of $3/guest/night.
- No smoking allowed in cabins (violators will be charged $250)
- Area Rugs: Rugs are NO LONGER allowed. Thank you for understanding and keeping our sites looking beautiful!
- Do not move fire rings or have fires in areas not specified for fires
- Speed limit in campground is 5 MPH
- Please display your campground registration pass or vehicle registration pass to avoid inconvenience on your part.
- All EVs require pre-approval via phone or email.
- EVs allowed only at sites 91-97 and 99.
- EVs at allowed sites will require an additional $15 per night added to reservation (regardless of electric use).
- EVs not allowed anywhere else in campground (may park in guest parking only).
- Failure to follow EV policy may result in guest being removed from campground without refund.
- Fees include swimming and fishing. No fishing license necessary for lake.
- Fishing in Bloody Run Trout Stream requires an Iowa fishing license and trout stamp. (Iowa State Stocked stream)
- All guests of campers must pay for swimming/fishing
- Quiet time from 10:00 PM - 8:00 AM along with normal consideration for others.
- 10:00 PM all visitors must depart.
- Campground check-in time 1:00 PM. Camp check-out time 1:00 PM. if you wish to stay late or arrive early, please check with management.
- Cabin check-in time 3:30 PM. Cabin check-out time 11:00 AM.
Pet Policy for Cabins
- Dogs are allowed in Lake View 1 and Woodland 1. The fee is $50/day per a dog with a $150/Max per dog. Limit 2 dogs per cabin.
- No pets allowed in cabins except as designated and with prior permission (violators will be charged $250).
Other Pet Policies
- Pets must always be supervised and never left alone -- even if tied.
- Pets are not allowed in the swimming area or the beach area
Cabin & Camping Reservation/Cancellation Guidelines
Guarantee your Campsite/Cabin
To guarantee your reservation for a campsite or cabin:
- Make your online reservations by going to: Reservations Page
- You'll receive a confirmation email once you complete your reservation.
- A deposit equal to your first night will be charged to your credit card at the time you make your reservation.
- 10 days for campsites and 14 days for cabins cancellation notice is required by calling Spook Cave and Campground office line at 563-539-4114 by 5 p.m.
- Text and email notifications of cancellations are NOT acceptable.
- For cancellations made 10/14 days or more before the reservation, your will receive your deposit refund minus a $10 cancellation fee. For cancellations over $100, there will be an additional fee of 10% of the deposit, in addition to the $10 fee.
- Cancellations made after the 10/14 day notice will result in forfeiture of your deposit and will be charged out for your stay if it falls on a holiday weekend.
- No Call No Show Reservations will be charged for entire stay.
- Reservations made within 10/14 days of your arrival require nonrefundable deposits.